Our finished film opening sequence.


Our finished film opening sequence.

Friday 23 June 2017

Evaluation Question 1: Did you enjoy the main workshop day? What roles did you take? What were your best bits and why?

The Shoot Day:
A Timelapse of Our Media Shoot.

I found the main shoot day to be a very enjoyable experience, it was extremely fun taking part in a more professional style shoot, and getting to learn about all the equipment and work that goes into filming music videos.

I also found it really interesting to be taking part in the shoot from more of a performance stand-point, rather than being behind the camera like I am used to.

Me (left) having my makeup done by trained
industry professionals.

It was also great to work alongside real industry professionals, and learn from them. The whole crew was really helpful, and always up for a chat about what its like working in the industry.






My Roles:

Me (center) on set and in costume.
Throughout the day I took on several roles, my main one being an actor. In our remake I played cool kids 2 and 3, along with other assorted roles when needed. I was also able to try my hand at crying, which was a very memorable experience.
Me in my crying shot

Me (right) helping maneuver the lockers on set.

Throughout the day I also assisted the crew in several jobs such as stage management and the moving of props, and marking the shots with the clapperboard.


My Best Bits:

Overall it was a great day, but some of my personal favorite bits had to have been:

  • Using the Tiger Balm to make myself cry. Although stinging a little bit I found it really fun creating tears using the tiger balm, and in the end it gave a really realistic crying look.
  • Learning from the professionals was really great, and taught me a lot of cool tips and tricks that I can take into next year's Music Video project.
  • I enjoyed the atmosphere of the day immensely, and just being able to have fun with my friends, and come out of it, with a professional looking film at the end.
Working on the shoot day overall was amazing though, and I feel like it's something I will really savor in later life, as not many people have the opportunity to take part in such a great day.


A panorama of the studio, a day I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment